Sunday, May 31, 2009

Review: "10,001 Ways to Live Large on a Small Budget"

I told you all last week I'd give you a review of "10,001 Ways to Live Large on a Small Budget" - it's a book written by the contributors to WiseBread, a financial blog. So far, I love it! They have so many useful suggestions of doing creative things to save lots of money! I think one of my favorite suggestions so far is putting leftover coffee from your morning pot in ice cube trays, freezing them, and them blending them to make a frozen coffee drink. That will be great, especially now since summer is just around the corner! Another use of leftover coffee - put it in the refrigerator for iced coffee! Iced coffee is a popular choice at neighborhood coffee shops, and if you'd rather save your $3, just use what you may have dumped down the drain and get a refreshing iced coffee. Great idea, WiseBread! Go to their website or buy their book for more great ideas!However, sometimes you feel like you want to go out and get that cafe experience. It's definitely a ritual I love - going to coffee shops with friends, walking down the street from work after a tough meeting and relaxing with a latte...I love the idea of going to a coffee shop. Instead of a $3.50 latte, I've switched to an iced coffee with milk. At under $2 for a 16 oz in most coffee shops, it's refreshing, energizing and you don't feel like you're going without. Next time you need that escape, try it!
Oh, and did anyone catch "Un-Broke" on ABC on Friday? I'd love to hear what you thought about it! It didn't really talk about much that I didn't already know, but then again, I think I like learning and talking about money more than most people. It did have a really helpful unit on stocks and bonds (taught by the e-Trade babies). And I love that talking about money is prime-time on a major network, not just relegated to CNBC!

No comments:

Post a Comment