Monday, April 5, 2010

Living On Groupons

Hey all! All last week, my husband and I were moving into our new home! Between packing and unpacking boxes, painting, putting together furniture, and not having internet access for a few days, it was tough to blog. But I'm back and excited to tell you how I did majority of my spending via Groupon!



Groupon (in case you don't know) is a website that offers tons of great deals - from restaurants to activities to stores and more. It's "collective buying power" - every day, a deal is featured on their site, and if enough people buy, the deal is on! Some of my friends have told me they don't even bother checking out Groupon because they feel it would just encourage them to spend money on things they didn't need. But I'm here to show you that when used correctly, Groupon can be a fabulous way to help you save money and do things you love.

I knew I wouldn't have a ton of time last week - even to do things like grocery shop. So I signed back up for my CSA at Full Circle Farm - I had a Groupon for $50 worth of produce for $25! Score! All I needed to do was pick up my basket! I still have one week's worth left for the week after next! This week, I've used my Groupon for spud!, a grocery delivery service (another $50 worth of groceries for $25). Three weeks of groceries for $50 and I don't even have to shop!? I'll take it!

Friday was my birthday, and I wanted to make sure I took some time out for me. So I used a Groupon for a massage from Waking Life - $35 for an hour massage! Next, I won a Twitter contest from Groupon and in return received a $60 gift certificate for Turquoise Boutique! It was a very cute store and I got two shirts and a dress with my gift certificate!

With the 4 Groupons I bought, I saved $145 on things I needed (okay, and things that weren't necessities). Plus, I saved a lot of time and energy by not going grocery shopping. If you haven't signed up yet, you should!


Thanks Groupon!




2 comments:

  1. Groupon is awesome! If you haven't already, I would also check out http://livingsocial.com/
    They are very similar to Groupon, and it's nice to have another source of good deals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meghan! I love Living Social, too! Thanks for the head's up!

    ReplyDelete