Monday, January 11, 2010

Cupboard Clean Out Challenge Take 2

So at the end of last year I proposed a regular post where I would try and clean out those random items from the cupboard. To be clear this is not an attempt to fully clean-out the cupboards, because have regular items on hand is always helpful.
As a reminder every Monday I will post items I'm going to use in the following week's menu plan. I'm looking to our wonderful readers for recipe suggestions. Preferably the recipes will be easy to prepare and not require expensive ingredients. On Friday I will post the recipes I will be trying in the upcoming week.
This week my challenge items are (some might look familiar from last time's challenge):

  • Sun dried tomatoes
  • Panko bread crumbs
  • Cashews

Please leave your suggestions in the comments box or on own Facebook page!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh I like this... I always have random stuff in my pantry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cashews and sun-dried tomatoes are pretty much never going to go together. You can bread pretty much anything in panko and oven- or pan-fry it. Then either make a pan sauce with sun dried tomatoes (maybe adding garlic, fresh tomatoes and white wine or olive oil), or stir fry with the cashews and some veggies.

    Ooh, this could be tasty (or terrible) - crush the cashews and mix with the panko before breading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dave! I love the idea of the pan sauce. Just for clarities sake, all of the ingredients don't have to be used in one recipe, we're not trying to be an Iron Chef:)

    Newlywed Next Door, feel free to post your ingredients and get some suggestions!

    ReplyDelete