Thursday, July 16, 2009

12 "Needs" That Drain Your Cash

I saw this great article today on one of my favorite blogs (Save Like Me) and it really got me thinking about things I could do to really save a lot of money.


Some of the things mentioned, I'm already doing. For instance, the author lists "designer coffee" as a new necessity that takes a good chunk out of your wallet. The average latte costs 100 times more than the cup of coffee you make at home (saving you around $1300/year).


Another necessity mentioned - spa appointments, like manicures and pedicures. I do my own manis and pedis (saving about $1000/year - go me!), but probably would not attempt anything more serious than that!

But I could probably try harder for other things. Like cable TV. I love cable. I hardly ever watch network TV. I'm all about "Top Chef" or "Real Housewives" or "The Hills" (sorry!). But couldn't I rent most of these shows on DVD or watch on the internet? Sure, they might not be live or I might have to wait a few months, but might it be worth it to save the $50/month and not having to deal with Comcast!? Absolutely.

Read the article here and see if there are any of these "necessities" you can live without. I bet you can and you can save some big bucks in the process!

Have you cut anything out of your budget recently to save? How'd you do? Did you find you were able to get by without it?

No comments:

Post a Comment